Thursday, June 21, 2012
Polka Dot Rose and an offer for you!
Last year, my middle daughter Charlotte wanted a Hello Kitty Tea Party Birthday Party for her 5th birthday party. It was a fun party and you can click here if you want to see pictures of all the tea party fun!
While planning for her 5th birthday soiree, I realized I needed to find tea cups for the girls to drink out of. (What tea party is complete without real teacups? Yeah, I didn't think so either!) And so my search for said tea cups led me to find Polka Dot Rose Etsy Shop.
Karla of Polka Dot Rose has filled her shop with what can only be described as vintagey-yummy goodness. Tea cups, gloves, antiques, water pitchers, china, silver,vintage sewing notions, purses and more. It actually reminds me of my grandma's attic, but with more pink and less Chinese checkers and genuinely puts me in a good mood every time I decide to peruse her offerings.
Here are my top 5 favorite things in her store right now (in no particular order)...
1. Vintage pink roses bone china teacup and saucer. I collect tea cups so I am always on the look out for pretty patterns. I should add that for Charlotte's party I found the sweetest set of teacups in Karla's shop, and they came shipped quickly and lovingly packed. They were packaged perfectly for china teacups and all arrived in pristine condition. That is one thing I love about my favorite etsy shops, customer service is standard.
2. Antique wash basin pitcher. I am such a sucker for these and for their pitcher/bowl counterparts. They look gorgeous filled with flowers and give any room old fashioned charm.
3. Vintage princess-blue petticoat/crinoline. I admit, I have a love of crinolines. Attribute it to my Avril Lavigne fandom days, or my love of 1930s and 40s fashion but our household seems to have more of these than my average neighbor. The girls love them for dress up; I've been known to wear them under a longer Betty Page style dress on a date night. LOVE!
4. Paris apartment styled vintage wood shelf, featuring scrolls and flowers and painted a gorgeous cottage white. Seriously, I could think of half a dozen places in my house this would look amazing. I love how these little touches can really make a room look so lovely and "finished". And if you come to this blog very often, then you know how easily anything with the words England or Paris in the title gets my attention :-)
5. I love these signed designer costume jewelry clip earrings by bogoff, from the 1950s or 60s. They are flower shaped and oh so feminine. Karla often carries some seriously gorgeous vintage jewelry in her shop.
Now here's the fun part! This is when I get to share with you Brighton Park friends that if you go to Karla's etsy shop, Polka Dot Rose, and see something you like, all you have to do is put in the code BRIGHTON at check out and you will receive 20% off your total purchase!
And it's not even your birthday (or is it?~~if it is your birthday, then definitely get over there and pick out something nice for yourself!) Not your birthday? Maybe buy yourself something wonderful because it's your 1/2 birthday, or because it's Thursday, really, do you need a reason to not at least go over there and browse the vintagey yummy goodness? :-) This offer for 20% off for Brighton Park readers is good till the end of the month (6/30/2012).
Thank you to Karla at Polka Dot Rose for being such a lovely sponsor to the Brighton Park Blog.
Wishing you a Thursday full of beautiful things...